We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develops audit guides/programs covering highly complex functions of a major Department function or multi-mission activity, or develops segments of audit guides/programs for highly complex agency-wide or major corporation audits.
- Responsible for conducting interviews, reviewing records, and gathering data to achieve audit objectives.
- Demonstrates an expert working knowledge of generally accepted government auditing standards (GAGAS); quality standards for Inspection and Evaluation (CIGIE); and the OAE policies and procedures; and complies with these standards for data analysis efforts.
- Responsible for the preparation of finding outlines and completing assigned areas of audit reports in accordance with GAGAS, CIGIE and OAE policies and procedures.
- Communicates complex audit issues to superiors within the audit agency with comments and recommendations for resolution.
Occasional travel - Up to four days per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589016400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.