This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at the grades GS-05 and GS-07 only. There may be promotion potential up to the GS-9 or higher.Learn more about this agency
Your application will remain active through the open period of this Public Notice. Once this Public Notice closes, you must reapply.
- ****Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level****
- GS-5: Follow specific direction of higher grade specialist, determine method of procurement used and prepare Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP), ensuring that technical descriptions and appropriate contract clauses are included.
- GS-5: Attend conferences with contractors to learn contractual and negotiation requirements such as clarifying billing procedures, material submittals, and socioeconomic clauses and negotiating extension of delivery schedules.
- GS-5: Receive on-the-job instruction and training to familiarize the employee with functions and operations of the organization and to provide experience in the practical application of basic contracting principles, techniques and concepts.
- GS-7: Follow established procedures to procure off-the-shelf materials, which are available from numerous commercial sources, and are easily identified by common names for which standard price lists are available.
- GS-7: Review requisitions to determine if proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents.
- GS-7: Perform detailed analysis of responses to solicitations, including price reasonableness, adequacy of competition, compliance with solicitation, and probability of meeting requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/589008000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.