Join our professional, highly-engaged, diverse team that values collaboration, individual contributions, work/life balance, continuous growth opportunities, and challenging assignments!Learn more about this agency
**** This position is located in the Operations Branch II under the Investigations Division. The physical duty location is OPEN and the selectee may be located at an OIG/INV field or area office location or at their current place of residence. Please note the listed salary may change based on the selectee's actual duty location. *****
If you are selected as an the Senior Criminal Investigator, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to:
* Serves as an Assistant Special Agent in Charge (ASAC) in the Operations II Branch in Headquarters responsible for oversight of complaints and quality control of all reports of investigation relating to assigned components within the Department of Justice; conducting liaison with the Office of Professional Responsibility of the components within the investigative oversight of the DOJ; updating policy in Volume III-Investigations, Inspector General Manual; maintaining an active interchange with other law enforcement agencies regarding investigative issues.
* Serves as technical expert in the exercise of federal law enforcement with skills and competency to serve as a primary consultant to other investigators on a wide variety of investigative techniques.
* Plans and executes liaison operations with the Offices of Professional Responsibility of the components within the investigative oversight of the DOJ Components.
* Provides oversight and quality control of the receipt and disposition of allegations and the investigative activity and reports of investigation.
* Reviews reports of investigation (criminal and noncriminal) relating to the assigned DOJ components for compliance with policy and procedures and applicable standards and format.
* Ensures all aspects of an allegation have been properly investigated and documented; identifies programmatic weakness in the investigative reporting process.
* Plans, organizes, and personally conducts investigations with regard to a wide variety of allegations received by the Office of the Inspector General.
50% or less - You may be required to travel approximately 40% or less for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588922900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.