The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for providing advice and assistance to senior managers on IT acquisition and management; developing, maintaining, and facilitating implementation of a sound and integrated IT architecture; and promoting effective and efficient design and operation of all major CIO processes for the agency, including improvements to work processes. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for defining, communicating, and establishing the major elements of Secret Service IT programs to include: IT strategic planning, enterprise architecture, capital planning and investment control, IT program management, policies and overall governance of the IT infrastructure. The CIO is also responsible for information security policy and oversight, e-government, and IT performance metrics in order to comply with applicable laws, Executive Orders, directives, policies, and regulations governing information systems.
Duties may include the following:
- Provide technical advice to senior management officials and strategic IT recommendations for new and/or substantially modified information technology projects;
- Oversee various phases of IT related projects and user requirements, objectives and alternative solutions, by obtaining costs relating to information technology resource requirements;
- Provide alternative solutions, develop detailed design proposals that specify the products to be developed, user interfaces to systems and conversion requirements;
- Prepare procurement requests, develop statements of work and review contract proposals, and may serve as a Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative(COTR) in monitoring vendor/contractor performances; implementation, evaluation, and/or dissemination of USSS IT components, tools, and procedures;
- Work on complex issues in the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, installation, implementation, maintenance, and/or management of information systems needed to deliver IT services in support of the mission;
- Ensure appropriate security and access controls are in place, commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm resulting from the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access to or modification of information.
This announcement is being advertised for multiple locations; therefore, the locality adjustment will be added to the basic salary based on selected locations.
Occasional travel - Occasional domestic and foreign travel may be required.
Vary - Appointments may be made at the GS-12 or GS-13 level - with a GS-13 full performance level. Appointments may be made at the GS-12, GS-13 or GS-14 level - with a GS-14 full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588818100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.