This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Director (OD), Immediate Office of the Director (IMOD), Scientific Workforce Diversity (SWD) office.Learn more about this agency
The ideal candidate will be analytical minded and possess the tenacity to solve problems. The incumbent is expected to stay apprised of current technologies related to data analytics, scientific computing, and data systems.
As a Data Scientist,your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides provides leadership to meet SWD strategic goals that advance the, use of data science methods and tools for scientific discovery and promoting scientific workforce diversity to enhance the biomedical research enterprise.
- Identifies evaluates, and recommends tools, techniques, and methods to increase access to and utility of relevant datasets and knowledgebases
- Contributes to the integration of computer systems and services that provide an SWD wide data cyberinfrastructure for working with and collaborating around scientific data; in addition, supports efforts to enhance data integration between SWD and NIH systems.
- Develops roadmaps to shape long-term strategic goals for data and knowledge systems, especially in terms of handling large-scale and complex data systems.
- Designs and implements f computer-based solutions, including tools, techniques, and practices, that broaden the use of SWD data sets and knowledgebases and ensure access to research data throughout its lifecycle.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588810800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.