You will serve as a Procurement Analyst in the Contracting Division, Code 131000 of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a Procurement Analyst in the Contract Support Branch of the Major Contracts Division.
- You will be responsible for disseminating acquisition policy guidance, conducting research of various acquisition related issues.
- You will be preparing/submitting reports to the Head of the Contract Support Branch and others, and completing policy review of pre and post award procurement documentation.
- You will be participating in pre and post award peer reviews, and providing advice/assistance with numerous pre and post award issues that may surface.
- You will review, analyze, interpret and disseminate the constant stream of laws, regulations, circulars, and instructions received that are related to the pre/post award contract and/or grant (and other forms of assistance) functions.
- You will constantly monitor policies and procedures in order to streamline the Contracting Division?s pre/post award acquisition and/or grant functions.
- You will serve as a technical expert on standards and procedures governing all functional areas of the acquisition and assistance processes, most of which are applicable to the peculiar requirements for basic and applied research.
- You will develop suggested policy and techniques required to respond to or support peculiar or unique agency positions or procedures involving the administration of contracts and/or grants with universities and non-profit organizations.
- You will draft policy guidance and interprets directives to clarify intent, and recommends implementation strategies.
- You will maintain an awareness of actions by both legislative and regulatory bodies, which prospectively may impact upon the pre and/or post award phases of contracts and grants.
- You will coordinate the modification, updating, and cancellation of policies and procedures, as necessary.
- You will handle special projects, involving research; contact with Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition procurement analysts, Defense Acquisition Regulations Council, other DoD activities, or outside agencies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588793200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.