In this position you will serve as a Sub-Area Supervisor at an SCI Division area office and share fully with the OIC and AOIC the responsibility for carrying out SCI Division programs, including grading, inspection, certification, and audit-based activities; and supervising office activities and personnel. You will be responsible for a designated sub-area within the territory serviced by the SCI Division area office.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the OIC and AOIC in the administrative and technical supervision of all personnel in the assigned area.
- Supervises the sampling, inspection and certification of fresh and processed fruits and vegetables for quality, condition and grade in accordance with official standards, market orders and regulations
- Directs the charges made for work performed with necessary follow through to ensure accurate collections and maintenance of records.
- Assists in the establishment of performance standards of subordinates and evaluates their performance.
- Plans work of subordinates by reviewing area operations in light of changing workloads, types of inspection, volume of work, priority of requests, and other factors.
- Receives and resolves complaints of subordinates. Holds corrective counseling sessions and effects disciplinary measures of a minor nature.
- Collaborates with SCI Division Standardization Branch in the development and testing of grade standards and inspection aids for fresh and processed fruits and vegetables.
- Provides a direct link between inspection personnel in his/her area and the AOIC/OIC.
- Resolves complaints from the industry on grade determinations made by subordinate graders.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588787300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.