The Office of Inspector General (OIG) is organized into seven operational units: the Immediate Office of the Inspector General, Office of the Counselor, Office of Audits and Evaluations, Office of Healthcare Inspections (OHI), Office of Investigations, Office of Management and Administration, and Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 60 locations throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
The Supervisory Executive Assistant, located in the OHI, is a leadership role as a high-level advisor to the Assistant Inspector General (AIG) and multiple Deputy AIGs (DAIGs) for OHI on a wide range of management and operational matters impacting OHI, OIG, Veterans Affairs (VA) and other government agencies.
As a Supervisory Executive Assistant, you will:
- Serve as the confidential principal advisor to OHI AIG and DAIGs on matters associated with managing professional development and cultural diversity. Responsible for recognizing, creating, implementing plans to promote diversity.
- Oversee or conduct special or sensitive research as a basis for recommending changes in broad OIG policies or operations. Evaluate policies and proposals prior to submission to the AIG ensuring that the opinions of all involved parties are reflected and that all options are presented.
- Assist with building and maintaining a database of clinical skills and other professional competencies of each staff member to appropriately target training and other educational opportunities that could enhance the skill sets and performance of each employee.
- Host focus groups and other interactive forums to track and trend concerns and feedback from staff members related to operations of the directorate.
- Formalize and monitor processes related to feedback tools to ensure all staff are receiving timely and structured feedback that supports success at their current level, as well as preparing them for advancement opportunities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588687100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.