If selected, you will join a well-respected team as an attorney conducting high profile and complex investigations undertaken by the SEC.Learn more about this agency
- Conducts complex investigations being undertaken by the SEC. Develops investigative or litigation plans and adjusts as appropriate during the course of an investigation.
- Drafts subpoenas and other requests for documents, questions witnesses through interviews, testimony, or depositions, evaluates documentary evidence to demonstrate whether sufficient evidence exists to prove violations of federal securities laws.
- Provides management with advice and work products exhibiting knowledge, insight, and understanding of relevant law and facts.
- Uses sound judgment to determine the quality, accuracy and relevance of information or data, analyze information to identify relationships and trends, and integrate and synthesize facts to reach reasonable conclusions.
- Communicates with agency officials at all levels, including supervisors, coworkers, staff in courts and private industry, and other agencies.
- Organizes work, set priorities, and determine short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. Develops innovative solutions to address issues and problems or involving novel or unexplored questions of law or policy.
- May participate in all aspects of litigation in federal court and administrative proceedings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588675800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.