View Common Definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
Organizational Location:This position is located with the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, (HSI) in Tysons Corner, VA.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement. Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
As a Historian GS-0170-14, you will perform the following duties:
- Perform historical research and Investigative activities to Identify persons in the United States who may have ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in the persecution of persons on the basis of race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group;
- Collect and analyzes relevant materials from foreign archival repositories and domestic sources necessary in the work of Identification of possible perpetrators who may be in the United States;
- Assist in the development of new cases based on materials generated by the incumbent's own work and that of the Program Manager, Intelligence Research Specialist and case agents in the area of Identification, prosecution, and removal from the United States of human rights abusers;
- Maintain liaison with competent officials of Foreign Governments and negotiates access to archival and Investigative materials necessary to the development of new cases and the pursuit of cases under investigation and in litigation;
- Participate in conferences and discussions with foreign law enforcement agencies on the possible criminal prosecution of subjects of ICE/HSl's investigative authorities, often at the highest level; in conjunction with this area of activity, obtains and familiarizes themselves with applicable sections of the criminal code of the country in question;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to attend training, conferences and meetings.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588619800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.