This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of Mission Support (OMS), Office of Information Security and Privacy. The location will be determined after a selection has been made for the position; if selected, you must work at one of the locations stated in this announcement. About OMS: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-mission-supportLearn more about this agency
The Office of Information Security and Privacy is responsible for carrying out the Chief Information Officer’s responsibilities under the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) of May 2014 by advancing and managing the Agency-wide IT security program. This includes development of plans and programs, identification of threats, analysis of risk, development of risk management plans, testing the effectiveness of security controls, reporting to senior management, oversight of information security Agency-wide and management of Agency-wide compliance with relevant Federal legislation and directives.
Specific duties of the Director include:
- Managing the Agency’s compliance with the IT security provisions of FISMA, the Computer Security Act, the Privacy Act, the Clinger-Cohen Act, OMB Circular A-130 and other relevant Federal legislation, directives, standards and guidelines.
- Developing and implementing Agency-wide plans and programs for IT security and privacy.
- Developing and implementing IT security policies, procedures and best practices for threat and risk assessment, planning, risk management, program management, training, evaluation and communication with senior management.
- Serving as a principal Agency focal point for IT security audits and evaluations conducted by the Office of Inspector General, the Government Accountability Office, Congress and other oversight organizations.
- Reporting and mitigating incidents that impair data and infrastructure security.
- Serving as the Agency’s Chief Information Security Officer.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588475600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.