This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-11 cadre position.
- A Federal Government employee to serve on a two-year reimbursable detail assignment in the ODNI. The detail assignment may be extended an additional year if all parties agree.
The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence community (IC IG) was established within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) by the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010. The IC IG's organizational divisions include Audit, Investigations, Inspections and Evaluations, Mission Support, the Center for Protected Disclosures, and Counsel to the Inspector General.
The Audit Division is responsible for providing independent and objective audits of the Intelligence Community and ODNI to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of programs and operations, and to reduce fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Audits are conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States.
Major Duties and Responsibilities (MDRs)
Performs audits of ODNI operations for compliance with applicable laws or regulations, achievement of program results or economy and efficiency. Audit assignments normally require the auditor to work as a member of a team to independently and objectively analyze and reach conclusions regarding some aspect of IC operations. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Researches applicable laws, directives, regulations, manuals, prior studies, and audit reports to gain knowledge and understanding of areas being audited.
- Prepares audit steps for assigned segments of audit guide to meet specified audit objectives.
- Assists senior auditors in conducting entrance and exit conferences with audit clients to explain audit objectives and conclusions. Holds discussions with audit clients to explain audit objectives and audit results and to obtain positions on audit conclusions and supporting data. Documents and analyzes management's position on work completed.
- Independently executes segments of an audit guide or other related audit segments as directed by the Auditor-in-Charge or supervisor.
- Independently prepares, organizes, and completes comprehensive workpaper files that include complete summaries of evidentiary data to support audit conclusions relevant to audit objectives.
- Prepares outline of potential audit findings to include condition, cause, effect, criteria, and recommendations relevant to audit objectives.
- Assists senior auditors in writing segments of draft and final reports and developing findings and recommendations.
- Maintains security and accountability of classified information.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588457800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.