The Economist position is in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Regulation Policy and Management (00REG), Office of the Secretary, located in Washington, DC. The incumbent is responsible for performing a broad range of major assignments involving project formulation; planning and carrying out complex economic research; analyzing findings; and preparation of reports presenting results.Learn more about this agency
- Develop regulatory impact analyses (RIA) in accordance with EO12866.
- Develop RIA accounting statement in accordance with Regulatory Right to Know Act.
- Perform project formulation data and analyses by planning and carrying out complex economic research and analyzing findings.
- Serve as point of contact with Office of Management and Budget's desk officer concerning all RIA and liaise on request.
- Serve as subject matter expert on statistical analyses of the VA's regulations.
- Formulate the development of cost-benefit models to simulate the financial and policy impact of changes in VA's regulations.
- Coordinate and present statistical information and technical analyses related to VA regulations to executive leadership.
- Conduct economic research and analysis and develop methodologies and approaches for research.
- Review the costing, economic impact and long range regulatory planning based on proposed legislation.
- Monitor departmental compliance with major federal laws.
- Conduct technical review of analyses from other federal agencies and provide guidance to the Director.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588313800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.