We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.
As a Computer Scientist, General Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Computer Engineer or Aerospace Engineer, you will:
- Plan and conduct performance audits and evaluations, special projects, and other work assignments in the areas of systems analysis, design processes, acquisitions, operations, maintenance, and information resources management and documents results in work papers, develop findings in written audit and evaluation reports, and brief senior management.
- Collaborate with professional engineers, computer scientists, physical scientists, program and systems analysts, and auditors engaged in addressing complex technical, management, contractual, and policy issues about how systems are planned, managed, designed, acquired, developed, deployed, operated, maintained, and disposed.
- Develop methods and procedures for identifying, analyzing, and assessing the effectiveness of management controls such as those designed to prevent waste, loss, unauthorized use, or misappropriation of assets.
- Analyze management information requirements and the extent to which program or administrative reporting systems meet them. Analysis includes system specifications assessments, data gathering and analytical techniques, and systems evaluation methodologies.
- Review and analyze proposed or new legislation or regulations to determine effects on Department programs, projects, and other activities.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588269900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.