About the position:Learn more about this agency
This position will be assigned to Lodging on Malmstrom AFB
This is a Regular Part Time position, guaranteed 20-40 hours per week. As a regular employee, you are eligible to earn leave and other NAF Benefits.
Requires standing, stooping, bending, stretching and kneeling. Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires a valid state driver's license. THIS IS A DRUG TESTING DESGINATED POSITION.
NAF Malmstrom AFB
- Performs a variety of maintenance, custodial, and repair jobs to include simple carpentry, minor tile installation projects and repairs, plumbing, painting, maintenance repair and minor construction for the lodging operation.
- Replaces light bulbs, light fixtures, electric outlets, light switches & ceiling fan light kits, etc.
- Changes AC air filters as needed. Inspects and performs minor repairs on television sets, DVD players to include reprogramming of TV's and remotes, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, and other electrical equipment components.
- Plumbing duties, i.e., unclog drains, toilets, showers, replace rusted above ground pipes, and fixtures.
- Maintains and repairs electronic door entry system assets.
- Accomplish electrical work to comply with Air Force regulations and inspections by CE electricians when warranted.
- Paints indoor and outdoor surfaces and structures; i.e. walls, floors, doors, and door frames.
- Performs various types of uncomplicated wood work, furniture repairs drapery and blind installation and removal. Replaces broken and torn screens, performs repairs on windows and frames as required.
- Repairs and performs maintenance on small equipment and appliances to include hand tools, vacuums, irons, carpet shampooers, weedeaters, small lawn mowers, etc.
- Uses manual and gas/electrical tools; i.e. tiller, chain saws, hedgers, clippers, axe, and blowers.
- Accomplishes landscaping/ground keeping tasks to ensure trees, shrubs, plants are waters, pruned, trimmed and applying ice control material to entrance of buildings, shoveling snow, picking up litter throughout season.
- Ensures grounds remain attractive and professional throughout the season.
- Investigates any reported maintenance issues to ascertain cause and take corrective action.
- Works independently, plans work day accordingly with little or no supervision.
- Completes and maintains applicable work loss.
- Operates vehicles weighting up to 10,000 pounds, completes Air Force Form 1800 and maintain vehicles in accordance with established guidelines.
- Manages scheduled vehicle preventative maintenance service program for all lodging vehicles.
- Uses and maintains tools and equipment, maintains bench stock levels of parts, materials, tools, etc. at prescribed levels.
- Utilizes hand and power tools such as drills, power saws, routers, standard hand tools, straight edge, chalk lines, tapes, rulers, caulking guns, pipes, wrenches, putty knives, paint brushes/rollers, etc.
- Performs all monthly facility safety self-inspections requirements; i.e. fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and exit signs.
- Counts and sorts dirty linens for contractor pickup, counts and distributes clean linens and acts as the Quality Assurance Evaluator for the Linen Contractor.
- Conducts monthly inventory of all linen.
- Provides replacement linen counts to management for ordering to maintain a minimum 4 par stock level on all linen.
- Maintains and files all linen inventory counts (monthly) and contractors' invoices for a 2 year period.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10999103
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588248800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.