The incumbent serves as Program Support Assistant is located in the Veteran Service Center in the Western New York Health Care System. The incumbent serves in dual roles as a health benefits advisor and support special programs within the Veterans Service Center by completing various clerical and administrative assignments.Learn more about this agency
The Program Support Assistant Duties include:
- Maintains knowledge of rules, regulations, and policies determining eligibility of Veterans for VA health care.
- Advises applicants of the health care benefits they are legally entitled to.
- Initiates administrative processes for establishing care.
- Responds to technical questions regarding patients' administrative rights and situational eligibility for healthcare.
- Provides patients with administrative advice and guidance.
- Provides Veterans both verbal and written information regarding non-medical benefits.
- Communicates results to patients, families, agency employees, and Veterans' organizations.
- Handles questions and/or concerns ensuring that quality service is rendered in a timely, complete, and empathetic manner.
- Receives, reviews, and processes new and recurring paper, in-person, and electronic applications.
- Verifies eligibility for care utilizing primary sources.
- Performs data entry proficiently and accurately.
- Adheres to consistency reviews and national and local policies and procedures governing data integrity.
- Processes patient data reviews to update/synchronize patient demographic information.
- Protects data from unauthorized release or from loss, alteration, or unauthorized deletion.
- Follows applicable regulations and instructions regarding access to computerized files and release of access codes.
- Communicated with Medical Center staff, next of kin, and other related parties vie phone, e-mail, in person, and mail.
- Processes clerical and administrative duties.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm The position requires occasional attendance outside of the Medical Center for outreach activities in addition to regularly scheduled tour.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Asst (OA)/PD09271-A, PD09270A, and PD09271A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588145000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.