This is an Excepted Service position under Title 42. Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified persons, including non-citizens and Public Health Service Commissioned Corps officers. No previous federal experience is required. This appointment does not confer any entitlement to a position in the competitive service and may provide entitlement to Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeal rights.Learn more about this agency
- Direct and manage the operations of the Division with primary responsibility for providing leadership and guidance to Division staff. Plan, coordinate, manage, and evaluate all Division activities. Promote and develop new training-related initiatives. Determine allocation of human and financial resources for the Division and assure compliance with related legal requirements. Supervise the Deputy Director, branch chiefs, team leaders and other professional and support staff.
- Execute the administrative and personnel management responsibilities related to the accomplishment of the mission assigned. Plan organizational structures, staffing needs, etc. Deal with personnel management policy matters affecting the organization, with personnel actions affecting employees, and with personnel-related actions having program impact.
- Determine the Division's overall policies and approaches to be followed to achieve the mission of the Division. Evaluate the activities to determine which program areas are most productive, which are worthy of support in reaching goals, and which should be emphasized or curtailed.
- Develop and maintain relationships among a variety of national and international public health, medical, and environmental organizations, other government agencies, academic institutions, state and local health departments, and non-profits. Coordinate research activities, legislative proposals, regulations, policies, program issues, and resources.
- Develop goals and objectives and provide leadership, policy formulation, guidance in program planning and development. Coordinate Division activities with other components of CDC and other Federal agencies.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the Division's policy and program objectives, developing operating plans, and evaluating progress. Develop specific projects and activities from broad program goals through the application of sound managerial and leadership concepts and practices, with a view toward enhancing the national impact of the Agency's activities. Maintain continuous crucial review of all policy and project objectives of the Division and ensure that overall program plans are carried out as efficiently and effectively as possible with maximum utilization of resources.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588127100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.