You will serve as Branch Chief of the Rural Economy Branch, in the Resource and Rural Economics Division of ERS.Learn more about this agency
- Manages a unit of professional economists conducting research and analysis on key issues of importance to U.S. rural development.
- Manages a number of technically complex projects involving selecting or developing the most appropriate and current research methodologies, often of great complexity, and applying them to extremely complicated economic problems.
- Analyzes the consequences of public policies that relate to the specialized work of the Branch and provide public and private decision-makers with economic analyses on appropriate subjects.
- Participates in developing ERS' research program by identifying promising areas of research and related activities, products and publications.
- Develops program and product plans for the Branch. This includes work plans, hiring staff with appropriate expertise, as well as development and justification of a budget.
- Serves as the focal point for research and analysis of topics appropriate to the Branch, and representing the Branch within the Department.
- Serves as the agency's reference point to provide economic advice and counsel relating to the Branch area of responsibility.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588068600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.