This position is located in the National Agricultural Library (NAL), Digitization & Access Branch in Beltsville MD.Learn more about this agency
The Branch's mission is to acquire materials in agriculture and the disciplines, digitize content of the NAL collections, provide bibliographic access, produce metadata, produce content of AGRICOLA, and to develop the NALT. The Digitization & Access Branch digitizes existing NAL collections, processes metadata, provides collection management and curation, research and outreach.
- Identify, procure, and maintain digitization hardware and software.
- Administer appropriate techniques for the preservation and conservation of library materials.
- Oversee methods and techniques for storage and conservation of all library materials including archival storage for digital content.
- Manage sustainable digitization projects, including scope, cost, collaboration with other departments/institutions, timeline, delivery, and promotion strategies.
- Manage library collection programs and services.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588052800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.