You will serve as an Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer in the Optics Branch of the Mechanical Design, analysis and Fabrication Division performing fundamental and applied research of the electromagnetic spectrum in the wavelengths from approximately the x-ray to the l-millimeter region and research concerned with the development, design, test, evaluation, application, and use of optical techniques, components, and systems for measurement and sensor applications.Learn more about this agency
- Perform tolerance specification, design, insight/oversight, and support integration/testing of mirror substrates, mirror assemblies and optical telescope assemblies for various missions.
- Participate in Structural, Thermal, and Optical Performance (STOP) Modeling of telescopes for various missions.
- Design mirror assemblies and test support equipment to characterize gravity deformation and mitigate G-release error.
- Manage opto-mechanical engineering projects to include design, fabrication, integration and test of optical assemblies.
- Oversee design and modeling of fabrication, integration and test of large light-weight space mirror assemblies.
- Conduct root-cause failure investigations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587827500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.