This position supports USDA Forest Service, Research and Development, Sustainable Forest Management Research as the National Program Leader for Wildland Fire and Fuels Research. This employee is an authority in the field of wildland fire and fuels research and is responsible for a range of leadership activities.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Toral Patel-Weynand at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-605-0878.
- Duties list are at the full performance level.
- Responsible for strategic national program development and planning.
- Assesses the adequacy of existing activities for Wildland Fire and Fuels Research.
- Formulates and justifies program budget requests; tracks program performance and reviews accomplishments of field units; responds to inquiries about the program?s budget and performance.
- Recommends priorities among projects for Wildland Fire and Fuels Research and coordinates program plans and activities within and across the mission areas of the Forest Service.
- Provides authoritative professional, scientific, or technical advice to the Chief and Deputy Undersecretary for Natural Resources and Environment, and to senior executives of other USDA agencies.
- Analyzes how program accomplishments are meeting clients? needs; proposes adjustments to increase service to clients; and identifies and proposes ways to eliminate duplication and redundancy in programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587814300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.