THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach.
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Report information about interests of visitors to be used in the development of plans for recreation area maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction projects.
- Prepare project work plans for the use, improvement, and maintenance for a developed recreation area.
- Carry out and monitor implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed or dispersed recreation sites.
- Inspect recreation area use to enforce compliance with the management plan by issuing or requesting issuance of citations.
- Draft suggested contract specifications such as a description of the work, following the instructions and direction of contracting personnel.
- Monitor work done under contracts with standard provisions and interpret provisions for contractors.
- Repair dispersed recreation sites such as roadside or backcountry sites using various equipment and tools.
- Repair items such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, and trash receptacles in developed recreational areas.
- Count and/or reconcile collection fees at recreation sites.
- Deposit fees according to instructions to ensure they are protected and correctly accounted for.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587090400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.