The Office of Technology Incubation and Innovation, Technology Transfer Office at the Glenn Research Center (GRC) is seeking a skilled individual to serve as Innovation Partnership Specialist supporting the Agency's technology transfer mission by providing leadership in pursuing new business relationships with private sector organizations and other government agencies to secure new business opportunities for the Center.Learn more about this agency
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Study/evaluate engineering advances in aerospace research and development for the purpose of determining their maximum usefulness and applicability to industry, government, and the public.
- Plan and conduct a project, and execute a series of regional innovative partnership activities utilizing NASA developed technologies and capabilities as a foundation.
- Enhance and accelerate transfer/commercialization of federally funded technologies to the commercial sector to promote regional partnership development through the use of technology based clusters.
- Responsible for the identification and pursuit/capture of new business opportunities.
- Identify and lead teams working with external partners to pursue/capture new business opportunities in market areas aligned with Center's strategic action plan.
- Develop and provide long term strategic business pursuit/capture plan including critical required partnership development for market sector(s).
- Utilize business intelligence tools to prospect for new business opportunities aligned with strategic business pursuit/capture plan.
- Perform critical assessments and make recommendations to GRC executive management as to whether or not to pursue.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/587043100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.