This position will be located in the Office of the Scientific Director (OSD), Vaccine Research Center (VRC), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).Learn more about this agency
If selected for the position, you will perform the following duties:
- Supervise the Deputy ADMO, and assign responsibility for supervision of all subordinate staff and supervisors under the ADMO.
- Participate in the scientific management of the Center, working directly with the Scientific Director, Deputy Director, and VRC leadership in devising and promulgating plans for the support of research programs, including all aspects of intramural and collaborative programs, and the administrative and management aspects inherent in these programs.
- Participate with the Scientific Director, Deputy Director, and program directors in developing, formulating, and implementing new research programs as well as the evaluation of existing programs, with particular emphasis on efficient utilization of resources to assure the greatest possibility of success.
- Develop long-range plans and planning documents with particular emphasis on commitment of financial and non-financial resources.
- Establish major VRC management policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance regarding adherence to new legislation, implication of changes to existing legislation, and of basic policy initiatives to implement the Center's mission and enhance program success.
- Collaborate with appropriate senior and operational level staff officials to ensure the management features of VRC plans are consistent with relevant NIAID, NIH, DHHS, and Federal policies.
- Serve on various NIAID and NIH scientific advisory committees.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586967900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.