This position is located in the Department of Marine Transportation, Unites States Merchant Marine Academy (USMMA), Maritime Administration (MARAD).
This position is established as an Assistant Professor of Nautical Science in the Department of Marine Transportation.Learn more about this agency
As a Nautical Science (Assistant/Associate Professor), you will be responsible for the development and conduct of educational courses and programs within the department, in particular teaching classes in Nautical Science. You will be responsible for academic mentoring of Midshipmen, carrying out research and scholarly activities and assuming a share of departmental and institutional service activities.
Highly Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Sailing experience as master, unlimited tonnage, upon oceans or,
- USCG License (Current) as Master of Towing Vessels with sailing experience or,
- Sailing experience as Master of Articulated Tug-barge (ATBs) units or,
- Sailing experience with Polar navigation or ice seamanship or,
- Certification and experience as a Dynamic Positioning Officer (DPO) or,
- Liquefied Gas experience as a liquefied Gas-Person in Charge (LG-PIC) or Vessel, company and/or facility security officer certification and operational experience or,
- Simulation based teaching experience at a USCG recognized simulator training facility/institution or,
- Traditional teaching experience at a USCG recognized maritime Academy or,
- Shore-side managerial experience related to ship operations, management and/or administration or,
- FCC GMDSS examiner license
- Maritime Simulation experience.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586856500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.