The incumbent serve as a Physician providing advice and consultation as a nationally or internationally recognized consultant and expert providing medical advice in support of other scientists.Learn more about this agency
As a Physician (Public Health) you will:
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586456800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.