This position is located in Department of Homeland Security,U.S. Coast Guard, Eighth Coast Guard District, Sector Houston/Galveston in South Houston, TX.Learn more about this agency
The position serves as a Vessel Traffic Management Specialist responsible for providing vessel traffic management services in a Coast Guard Vessel Traffic Center on a rotating shift. The Vessel Traffic Center is a twenty-four hour per day, seven days a week operation.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Monitoring, informing, advising and directing the movement of vessel traffic in the assigned sector.
- Gathering, analyzing and disseminating nautical data and navigational safety information.
- Coordinating advisory information between participating and non-participating vessels and small craft, many of which may be involved activities such as regattas, fishing or other marine events.
- Providing radar tracking or other sensor information in support of other Coast Guard missions, including search and rescue, law enforcement, and military missions.
- Participating in training exercises to prepare for maritime accidents or natural disasters.
- Briefing other traffic control specialists on all aspects of vessel traffic operations and weather conditions.
Occasional travel - This position requires occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586091100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.