The incumbent serves as the Office of Audits, Financial Management Division (AUD/FM) Director, within the Office of Inspector General for the U.S. Department of State (Department) and the U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM). AUD/FM is responsible for planning, conducting, overseeing, and coordinating performance and financial audits of the Department, USAGM, and the International Boundary and Water Commission, United States and Mexico, U.S. Section (USIBWC).Learn more about this agency
As the AUD/FM Division Director (Supervisory Auditor), under the broad direction and supervision of an Assistant Inspector General and/or a Deputy Assistant Inspector General, the incumbent’s duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning, directing, and administering the comprehensive audit program of the AUD/FM Division.
- Planning, scheduling, conducting, and reporting on comprehensive audits, evaluations, and special inquiries of Department, USAGM, and USIBWC activities.
- Delegating assignments to subordinate supervisors who serve as Audit Managers.
- Ensuring that the audit standards, procedures, and guidelines established by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Office of Inspector General (OIG) are fully followed and implemented by AUD/FM Audit Managers and staff members.
- Planning and ensuring the accomplishment of the oversight of external contractors that are performing audits on behalf of OIG, including audits of the Department’s, USAGM’s, and USIBWC’s annual financial statements. Ensure the oversight of contractors complies with the IG Act and GAO guidance. Ensure that financial statement audit opinions and other reports prepared by the external contractors are technically accurate and comply with professional standards.
- Reviewing and modifying audit reports, as needed, that are prepared by AUD/FM members or contractors working on behalf of OIG to ensure that issues identified during the audit are reported clearly and accurately and to ensure that the report complies with GAO standards and OIG policies.
- Carrying out a full range of supervisory responsibilities as expected of supervisors in the Federal government. For example, setting priorities and deadlines for work to be accomplished; making assignments based on established priorities; ensuring that the work of AUD/FM members is carried out in a timely and fully satisfactory manner; evaluating and preparing formal performance appraisals of Audit Managers; identifying training and developmental needs of staff members; carrying out all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) requirements; and hearing grievances and providing conflict resolution.
25% or less - .25% or less. Potentially 2 weeks or less.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586080200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.