The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the USSS we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under a Dual Compensation Hiring Authority with an OPM approved salary off-set waiver granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
Dual Compensation Hiring Authority - COVID-19 Response
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
The selectee will serve as a Supervisory Public Affairs Specialist in the Office of Communications and Media Relations. Typical work assignments include:
- Monitoring print and broadcast media for both positive and negative news coverage; and translating the basic communication intent of the Secret Service leadership into methods and techniques that can be applied in standard and nonstandard Public Affairs programs.
- Providing appropriate public affairs guidance to Secret Service elements worldwide; and directing the media coverage and event logistics for special events, ceremonies, tours and other activities.
- Providing public affairs training for supervisors; and providing assistance and consultation for the Secret Service in initiating and maintaining direct contacts with the general public, specialized groups, communities and government entities.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/586022200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.