A successful candidate in this position will work directly with Program Managers and the Office Director to improve the management and effectiveness of the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) R&D programs, and the data management and dissemination for those programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Energy Technology Program Specialist, you will:
- Serve as a project manager responsible for a variety of complex activities, to include projects which will primarily be focused on enabling the Office to adopt technology to market and commercialization strategies and apply them across the entire R&D portfolio, to inform future project development and planning, improve ongoing active project management, and to establish long-term results tracking and impact evaluation best-practices.
- Develop systems and procedures for the assigned program area to enable the energy efficiency and renewable energy program to effectively and efficiently meet statutory requirements and Departmental goals and objectives.
- Evaluate procedures and policies on the program’s legislatively mandated training and technical assistance goals and objectives.
- Help analyze the impact of new and proposed legislation, Executive Orders and other regulations relevant to the Office, including but not limited to those focuses on results dissemination and open-data.
- Responsible for working directly with Program Managers and the Office Director to develop and execute a long-term strategy for improving technology to market and commercialization strategies and programs, including the dissemination of data collected during or produced from ongoing R&D activities; based on findings, recommend and develop solutions or improvements in approaches for ongoing activities.
- Prepare related internal and external communication products, e.g., briefings and presentations, content for newsletters or public webinars, and success story documents.
- Make presentations on energy efficiency and renewable energy project/program objectives, content and progress to a variety of audiences, and reports reception of objectives to supervisors.
- Prepare presentations, briefing papers and reports for senior program staff.
- Prepare responses to Congressional and other executive correspondence, and respond to telephone requests for information about the energy technology program.
- Responsible for evaluating the analysis underpinning reporting on year-over-year performance goals, communicating findings and analysis on technology adoption and commercialization, and engage with national labs and industry regarding commercialization gaps and opportunities, technology to market opportunities, impact evaluation, and other projects.
- Review and monitor expenditures for assigned projects/programs, and reports to the supervisor on status of program performance against established goals and objectives.
- Conduct periodic reviews of assigned programs and projects to assure this program plans and funding requirements fully support DOE goals and objectives, federal regulations, and applicable laws and Executive Orders.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585891200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.