The OIG conducts audits, evaluations, investigations and special reviews of the personnel and programs of all DOJ components. The DOJ/OIG offers a wide range of federal benefits and a flexible work schedule, depending on position requirements.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Investigations Division, Investigative Support Branch (ISB) located in Washington, DC.
If you are selected as the Supervisory Criminal Investigator (Special Agent in Charge) for the Investigative Support Branch, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to: program management, enforcement and administrative activities within the Investigations Division jurisdiction. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the following OIG programs: Electronic Surveillance Operations, Technical Operations, Firearms, Control Tactics, Informant, Information Collection, Telecommunications and Document Security, Undercover Operations, Victim Witness, Fleet, Inspector General Manual, and Training.
- Coordinates with the DOJ Criminal Division Office of Enforcement Operations on Witness Security Program and other sensitive matters.
- Manages the Investigations Data Management System and Program Applications Group.
- Directs the operation of the OIG HOTLINE Program and the complaint intake group.
- Conducts sensitive, complex and controversial internal investigations.
- Acts as the liaison to the DOJ and ATF regarding the OIG's responsibilities and duties related to the activation of Emergency Support Function 13.
- Conducts the inspection of field office programs and functions to determine compliance with statutes, regulations, policies and procedures, and to evaluate effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations.
- Coordinates and conducts peer reviews as required by the Attorney General Guidelines for Inspectors General with Law Enforcement Authority.
25% or less - You will be expected to travel approximately 25% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585889400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.