The Nursing Assistant receives basic training in performing certain patient care duties. Assigned on a regular basis to a patient ward and works a rotating tour of duty following formal classroom instruction and demonstration of competency in the nursing assistant duties, along with a few specific healthcare tech duties.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gives and assists with all types of cleansing baths and shampoos.
- Makes all types of beds.
- Assists patients in feeding themselves, or feeds those who cannot.
- Performs basic patient care activities and duties as assigned, such as taking vitals and recording measurements.
- Adheres to principles of patient safety, falls safety, and infection control and universal precautions at all times.
- May assist RN with administering Bolus Tube Feedings via G-tube, J-tube, GJ-tube by positioning the patient and passing supplies.
- Can insert intermittent catheters with competency training and documentation after education is verified.
- Assists in diagnostic examinations by positioning, draping the patient and passing instruments and supplies.
- Incumbent is responsible for assuring lab supplies are stocked and available on the inpatient ward.
- Applies cold compress/ice packs locally and generally under the direction of the RN.
- Assists with the application of orthopedic and prosthetic devices.
- Enter vital signs into computer and alert RN to unusual deviations or changes.
Work Schedule: Shift Work to include weekends and Holidays; 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, 7:30 pm to 8:00 am, 11:30 pm to 8:00 am. Schedule is requested by availability.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585749900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.