This position is located at the Fort Thompson Health Center in Fort Thompson, SD. The purpose of this position is two-fold: (1) to serve as the Clinical Director and Chief of Staff of the Clinical Services Branch and (2) to provide the diagnosis, care and treatment of general medicine cases in the capacity of a staff physician utilizing Western Practices of Medicine as prescribed by the Great Plains Area Medical By-Laws.Learn more about this agency
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
- Plans and assigns work to be accomplished, either directly or in general terms to supervisors. The Clinical Director functions as the supervisor of all Clinical Programs and Services. The Clinical Director creates daily and monthly work schedules based on patient needs and volume. Departments supervised include Radiology, Laboratory, Pharmacy and Medical Support personnel.
- Develops and coordinates the internal review of the Clinical Services department to assure that all clinical and administrative activities are in compliance. The Clinical Director works with the program supervisors to ensure the facility is compliant with all aspects of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), CMS, and IHS accreditation, regulations and directives to ensure no lapse in accreditation or certification status by these organizations/agencies. Work is accomplished through Performance Improvement, Quality Assurance, LEAN Management, Improving Patient Care, and Medical Home studies, data tracking, tests of change, and performance studies. These projects are initiated, and performed and evaluated by the program managers who are supervised by the Clinical Director, and also by the Clinical Director and the medical staff members.
- Will assist and monitor activity in the areas of personnel, finance, medical/legal, compliance, personnel, and accreditation for the Clinical Services.
- Will advise and provide technical assistance to supervised department managers.
- Is responsible for furthering the goals of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) by taking positive steps to assure the accomplishment of affirmative action objectives and by adhering to nondiscriminatory practices.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585725200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.