This position is located in the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Program Audits and Evaluations (PAE) located in Arlington, VA. This position performs audits and evaluations under the broad direction and subject to review of an OIG manager. May serve as Auditor or Evaluator-in-Charge (AIC) or as a senior team member leading a segment of a more complex assignment.Learn more about this agency
- Leads team in developing answerable assignment objectives.
- Leads the project team by identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among team members consistent with established work flow and skill level; adjusting workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensuring each team member has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- Serves as a coach, facilitator, and/or negotiator in coordinating team initiatives and in consensus building activities among team members.
- Supports policy and procedure development by providing input on design and periodic updates and suggesting process improvements.
- Thinks strategically and shifts direction when appropriate to do so.
- Helps to establish and manage to assignment and reporting milestones.
- Determines methodologies, techniques and procedures to be used to meet project objectives that minimize assignment risk. This may include the use of specialized audit techniques, including sampling techniques, data analysis, quantitative methods, financial analysis, or a combination of these techniques.
- Proposes audits and evaluations that address risk and stakeholder concerns, including those of OIG executives, Agency officials, and the Congress.
- Ensures work is completed in accordance with OIG policies and procedures and Government Auditing Standards or Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluation.
- Evaluates the sufficiency and appropriateness of evidence and follows up with FDIC officials to close any identified gaps necessary to answer the assignment objective and develop relevant finding elements.
- Prepares, reviews, and presents reports encompassing the results and recommendations from audits, evaluations and reviews ensuring the accuracy of all written products that meet OIG guidelines and quality standards.
- Demonstrates advanced level of competency in finding development.
- Updates draft report to appropriately address comments on draft products from OIG stakeholders and FDIC officials.
- Keeps OIG management apprised of ongoing work and any challenges.
- Leads interviews and presentations to FDIC management to keep them informed on assignment status and findings as they arise.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585707600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.