CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 1/4/2021Learn more about this agency
The DOJ OIG is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to serve as the Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) for the Evaluation and Inspections Division (E&I) as a member of the DOJ OIG senior staff, located in the E&I Division in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will possess significant leadership experience in an oversight function. For information on the DOJ OIG and examples of E&I reports, please visit https://oig.justice.gov.
The Deputy Assistant Inspector General (DAIG) for E&I Division advises the Inspector General (IG), the Assistant Inspector General (AIG), E&I Division, and senior leadership on evaluations and inspections of internal and external activities of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and provides critical mission-support to the OIG. Some such reviews are undertaken in response to requests by DOJ leadership or congressional oversight committees. The work results in recommendations to DOJ leadership to improve operations. In this capacity, the DAIG:
- - Serves as the E&I's chief operating officer, providing executive leadership of the day-to-day operations of E&I and oversees the work activities of supervising subordinate managers and a diverse, engaged workforce of program analysts who conduct evaluations and inspections of sensitive DOJ programs that have an impact on national programs and policies.
- - Serves as the OIG's expert on all matters related to program evaluation activities; participates as a member of the Inspector General's senior staff in discussions; and contributes to decisions about agency policy.
- - Assists the AIG with coordination of evaluation and inspection matters with internal and external organizations; and interacts with and works effectively with counterparts at DOJ components, the Council of Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency, and other federal OIGs and agencies.
- - Ensures ongoing evaluations and inspections are progressing in accordance with their objectives, toward timely resolution, and production of a concise report describing the DOJ OIG's findings and conclusions.
- - Advises and assists the AIG, IG and senior leadership in preparing timely reports of evaluation and inspections that are thoroughly completed and well-supported; properly, clearly and objectively report OIG findings; and include appropriate recommendations to DOJ and relevant components. Interacts with DOJ component leadership to ensure that OIG recommendations receive attention and implementation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585596900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.