This position is located in the Department of Defense, Office of Inspector General (DoD OIG), Office of Security (OSEC), Mission Support Team (MST).Learn more about this agency
- Initiates, plans, manages, and conducts activities to detect (by way of analysis).
- Deter and mitigate actions by DoD personnel who may represent a threat to national security.
- These threats encompass potential espionage, violent acts against the Government or the Nation, and unauthorized disclosure of classified information.
- Incumbent utilizes DoD (DITMAC Systems of Systems) and national Insider Threat systems and tools.
- Collects, evaluates, and analyzes information and reports in an effort to identify potential and/or actual insider threat activities.
- Refers substantiated investigations to appropriate management, counterintelligence, Counter-Insider Threat Program Manager, and/or law enforcement agencies for further actions.
- Administers insider threat and network user activity monitoring (UAM) collection requirements specific to DoD OIG.
- Reviews UAM generated data to identify anomalies potentially indicative of an insider threat.
- Analyzes the anomalous behavior and prepares analytical findings and assessments for review by the DoD OIG Counter-Insider Threat Program Manager, Counter-Insider Hub members, DoD OIG senior leaders and DITMAC.
- Proactively identifies and assesses potential threat information, recommending mitigation efforts, and incorporating findings into formal reports.
- Conducts analysis in support of operational activities to assemble, correlate, evaluate and assess information concerning counterintelligence related insider threats against DoD OIG personnel, programs, information systems or facilities.
- Identifies and evaluates intelligence gaps in insider threat information.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585505800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.