This vacancy will close at the end of the open period or when selections has been made, whichever comes first. It will be used to collect applications and fill vacant positions as they become available in the Northeast Region (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV).Learn more about this agency
Duty location will be determined upon selection. Pay will be determined in accordance with the locality pay of the duty station.
- Serves as the Service Center technical authority on the Farm Loan Programs and the primary point-of-contact on all farm loan issues addressed in the counties serviced;
- Supervises and directs the work of a subordinate staff responsible for making, servicing, and liquidating loans under FSA farm loan authorities;
- Has delegated loan approval authority and performs the full range of loan specialist duties;
- Attends public meetings with various groups and associations, and performs public relations and outreach efforts in the geographic areas serviced;
- Has knowledge of the technical and administrative concepts, principles, and practices of farm loan and financial management;
- Has knowledge of farm operations, land use and value, and production and marketing of various crops and livestock.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585460100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.