This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Coast Guard (USCG), Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC), Command and Control Systems Product Line (C2PL), Command and Control Branch (C2B) Branch in Portsmouth, VA.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the key supply program manager for the Sea Commander project working with Sea Commander system active duty, civilian, contractors and various higher level Coast Guard and other Government Agency offices to maintain supply, logistical, maintenance, and support integration plans and activities for the Sea Commander system onboard the Nation Security Cutters (NSC). You must have broad knowledge of the Sea Commander system and how the system fits into the NSC mission. The focus will be the transition of newly delivered NSC vessels to the Coast Guard from acquisition to sustainment to ensure life cycle management, supply and logistics support activities, and the ability to integrate these separate functional elements into comprehensive concepts, which can be monitored and evaluated against policies. You will also review and evaluate the adequacy of supplies, applicable to the needs of the organization's area of responsibility.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the supply program manager for the Sea Commander system onboard National Security Cutters (NSC).
- Serving as the lead in the development of logistics support documents including engineering change requests pertaining to supply, configuration, and maintenance of the Sea Commander system.
- Coordinating with Surface Force Logistics Center (SFLC), Coast Guard Acquisition Directorate, Asset Project Office (APO), and Sponsor to ensure Integrated Logistic Support elements such as configuration management, engineering change requests, data management, reliability and maintainability, standardization and quality assurance of the Sea Commander system.
- Serving the C2PL, C2B supply representative for the Sea Commander system, interfacing with C5ISC Business Operations Division (BOD) and Engineering Support Detachment (ESD). Developing functions and tasks to be performed and complete task description and proposal for SFLC, Headquarters and Sponsor endorsement. Develop and prepare budget submissions, and related documents.
- Interface with NSC Prime Contractor and other stakeholders in regards to program plans, supply management, and project management.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
13 - Position may be filled at the GS-11, 12, or 13 grade level. Promotion potential to the GS-13.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585427300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.