This position is located in the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Inspector General (OIG), Mission Support Team (MST), Data Analytics Team (DAT). The incumbent is a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-13, responsible for understanding IG oversight functions and business operations. Additional work assignments include the following:Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent effectively collects requirements for the DAT, incorporate and execute advanced analytical techniques to improve impact of oversight work products and processes, and present findings to internal and external customers.
- As a Senior Analyst, the incumbent is responsible to assist management initiatives by coordinating advanced analytical tasks among DAT peers, as directed.
- Collects, assembles, and compiles statistical data for final tabulations, and prepares tables, charts, or graphs for presentations, dashboards, and other DAT products;
- Develops analytical data products for inclusion in reports issued to top management in the IG, DoD, other DoD organizations, GAO, and Congress;
- Carries out statistical investigations, which may use sampling theory, non-parametric and parametric mathematical models, deterministic analysis, and inferential predictions in order to meet the mission of the DAT;
- Develops plans, programs, methods, procedures, and techniques for collecting, processing, compiling, and presenting statistical data;
- Provides statistical and mathematical modeling support, as directed an within the scope of the mission, to internal and external customers;
- Provides instruction, expert advice, content editing, and consultation services for the DAT;
- Communicates and negotiates project requirements, scope, status, and issues to meet the DAT mission.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585401600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.