This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, National Agricultural Library, Data Production Division - Digitization and Access Branch, in Beltsville, MD.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent manages digital archival initiatives and services for the description, management, and preservation of born-digital and digitized collection objects. The incumbent also provides Special Collections reference and access services and performs outreach activities
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and workflows for managing, preserving, and providing access to Library?s digital collections.
- Performs digital object management and preservation services and carries out archival actions in NAL?s digital repository system, and in other environments as required.
- Performs processing, preserving, and acquisition of archival, historical, and special collections materials.
- Researches and recommends new tools to meet digital preservation, digital access, data management, and other digital curation needs for born-digital assets.
- Develops procedures for managing born-digital or digitized materials for ingest, storage, preservation, organization, description, and access.
- Develops methods to maintain the infrastructure of a digital archive and establishes digital archival preservation procedures for NAL Special Collections materials.
- Coordinates with other archivist and librarians to create, transform, curate and apply descriptive, structural, administrative, and preservation metadata.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585318400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.