This position is with the Office of Inspector General, Financial Management Division, in Herndon, Virginia. This office is responsible for the overall OIG management of budget, including preparation of budget estimates and budget justifications. As a Budget Analyst you will be responsible for performing a wide variety of advisory, analytical duties relative to the formulation, justification, presentation, execution, Congressional action, and special projects relating to OIG's budget.Learn more about this agency
As a Budget Analyst, GS-0560-14, you will perform the following major duties:
- Formulates, coordinates, prepares, and presents budget estimates and justifications in support of audits, investigations, and administrative activities.
- Explains or defends OIG budget proposals before the Departmental Budget Office or the Office of Management and Budget (OMB);
- Prepares budget execution projections plans, reports, and requirements; monitors and analyzes program operations; proposes reallocations; and responds to data calls;
- Initiates and prepares analyses and briefings related to the budget formulation process; and
- Reviews data and creates reports using Activity-Based Costing methodologies.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585294500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.