The Office of the Secretary, Office of Human Capital, Strategic Talent Management Division is looking for a Personnel Psychologist in Washington, DC who is a subject matter expert in designing reliable measurement concepts, tools (i.e. surveys, questionnaires, assessments and models) and methods for evaluating and analyzing workforce needs. These concepts and tools are applied to recruitment, selection, retention strategies and workforce planning.Learn more about this agency
At the full performance level (GS-014) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Leads the development of Department-wide work analysis (i.e., job analysis, competency modeling), assessment and selection, and employee experience research programs to inform human capital strategies, processes, and policies.
2. Designs reliable measurement concepts, methods, and tools (e.g., surveys, questionnaires, assessments, and models) for evaluating workforce needs across the Department. These concepts, methods, and tools are applied to recruitment, selection, and retention strategies.
3. Conducts workforce analysis using existing and newly developed tools to consult and advise HR Specialists, managers and leadership, creating a better understanding of workforce utilization and the impact on employee morale, productivity and other human capital challenges.
4. Compiles and analyzes workforce trend data from Federal government sources and databases such as the Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPPS), etc., to project future workforce trends, conduct studies, and identify workforce/talent gaps.
5. Collaborates with and advises HR and management officials regarding appropriate uses and limitations of personnel measurement devices or survey techniques in gathering data for use in recruitment, selection, career path development, workforce planning, and employee experience research.
6. Formulates, develops and implements agency-wide policy, procedures, and reports related to work analysis, assessment and selection, employee experience, and other talent management functions.
The Office of the Secretary has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
First time hires to the Federal government normally start at the lower salary range of the grade level.
This vacancy may be used to fill additional positions as vacancies become available.
This vacancy is also announced as OS-6040-21-CD-026(MP) for those applicants who wish to apply and be considered under Merit Promotion procedures.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585261500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.