We are seeking highly motivated professionals to join our team. If you want challenging work and a chance to make a big impact, come join us at the Office of Inspector General for the Department of Commerce! We improve the effectiveness of the Department's programs and operations. We also investigate waste, fraud, and abuse in the Department and those who do business with it.Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Auditor, you will:
- Be responsible for planning, programming, conducting and managing multiple audits or segments of audits for departmental programs and organizational elements for acquisition and grants audits, economy and efficiency reviews and program results reviews.
- Assist in planning and coordinating the audit work, reviewing audit products, developing operating policies and procedures, and monitoring the staff in performing assigned audit responsibilities.
- Establish audit priorities for departmental programs, assess the feasibility of proposed audits in scope and format, make decisions on the number and type of audit staff necessary to complete the audit or segments of audits and determine the type and qualifications of experts or consultants to assist with audits.
- Provide expert professional and technical advice on accounting principles and audit theory to audit team leaders and staff.
- Provide direction to audit team leaders for activities of the assigned staff.
****There is ONE position located in either Silver Spring, MD/Washington, DC/Atlanta, GA/Seattle, WA/Denver, CO. Location determined after selection.****
25% or less - Must be willing to travel.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585209000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.