This vacancy will close at the end of the open period or when selections has been made, whichever comes first. It will be used to collect applications and fill vacant positions as they become available in the Southwest Region (AZ, CA, CO, GU, HI, KS, NV, NM, OK, TX, UT).Learn more about this agency
Duty location will be determined upon selection. Pay will be determined in accordance with the locality pay of the duty station.
- Conducts interviews with loan applicants, reviews loan applications and makes preliminary inquiries to develop factual information to assess the eligibility of applicants.
- Provides technical advice, guidance and credit counseling to loan applicants and borrowers.
- Has delegated loan approval authority to approve loans within a specific limit.
- Makes recommendations on agency farm loan programs and eligibility requirements.
- Applies technical knowledge of farm financing and credit, financial management concepts and practices, farm operations, land use and value, production and marketing of various crops and livestock, and prices and markets in the serviced farming areas.
- Conducts interviews with loan applicants, reviews loan applications, and makes preliminary inquiries to develop factual information to assess the eligibility of applicants.
- Recommends approval or disapproval of individual loans and guarantees above delegated amounts.
- Assists the Farm Loan Manager in administering farm loan programs in a USDA Service Center serving one or more Counties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585110100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.