This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of Inspector General, Office of Audit Services.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Audit Services is responsible for protecting the integrity of HHS operations and programs by conducting audits that identify and report ways to improve the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of HHS programs, and help reduce fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement.
The Senior Advisor for Medicare Payments will be responsible for spearheading comprehensive, enterprise wide strategies and deployment plans for value based and fixed fee payments that meet HHS OIG policy objectives and legal requirements.
As Senior Advisor for Medicare Payments, you will provide expert technical advice and guidance to senior management officials on value based and fixed fee payments issues including advice regarding emerging issues related to value based and fixed fee payments and the potential impact of the emerging issues on HHS and/or HHS program beneficiaries.
Duties of this Senior Level position include, but are not limited to:
- Advising OIG personnel on the impact of emerging value based and fixed fee payments issues on audits, evaluations, and investigations as well as the impact on policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Functioning as Subject Matter Expert on wide range of value based and fixed fee issues involving extremely complex policy questions and/or ramifications and providing expertise to OIG regarding possible solutions that may impact OIG in furthering its stated mission.
- Providing expert advice regarding value based purchasing incentives, fee-for-service payments and systems, quality of care, denials and appeals of services, and proper beneficiary enrollment.
- Providing expert advice regarding risks of fraud from providers and value based purchasing, adequacy of data submitted to Medicare, use of data for oversight and compliance, increased adoption of telehealth, and other issues regarding Medicare value based and fixed fee payments.
- Determining and advising on the variety and complexities of Medicare value based and fixed fee payments and its impact on OIG oversight activities.
- Promoting effective communication throughout OIG on Medicare value based and fixed fee payment issues and activities.
- Serving as central point of contact for OIG officials and staff and working with components to address Departmental requests for information and developing strategies to consult effectively with the Department on Medicare value based and fixed fee payments issues consistent with the IG Act.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585084600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.