Who May Be Considered:Learn more about this agency
Pathways Student eligible
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Cybersecurity Division leads cybersecurity efforts for CISA as the Nation's flagship civilian cyber defense organization. The division collaborates with partners across the government and private sector to enhance the Nation's cybersecurity by sharing information, providing cybersecurity services and technical assistance, as well as through education and awareness.
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, work assignments are cybersecurity-focused and are intended to expose the incumbent to cybersecurity, including, practical application of the principles, concepts, work processes, methods, techniques, regulations, reference materials, and procedures fundamental of Information Security (INFOSEC) and cybersecurity. Major duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Generating program source codes utilizing various computer languages.
- Conducting vulnerability scans to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs of IT systems.
- Analyzing cybersecurity programs by assisting with researching new solutions for emerging cyber security threats.
- Conducting computer forensics analyses and assisting with cyber incident response.
- Researching cybersecurity tools and techniques.
- Assisting with public-facing cyber outreach initiatives and engagement.
- Providing input in the development of policies and procedures to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to data, systems, and networks.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585031100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.