Who May Be Considered:
- Pathways Student eligible
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health and safety, economy, and national security. Within CISA, the Cybersecurity Division leads cybersecurity efforts for CISA as the Nation's flagship civilian cyber defense organization. The division collaborates with partners across the government and private sector to enhance the Nation's cybersecurity by sharing information, providing cybersecurity services and technical assistance, as well as through education and awareness.
Visit www.cisa.gov to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is a Pathways Student Intern Program position and is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. Veteran Preference will be applied in filling positions under the Pathways Programs.
For more information on the Federal Government's Pathways Internship Program, view the following link (https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates/)
In this position, the incumbent is responsible for serving as a Student Trainee performing under a progressive training program. Work assignments are cybersecurity-focused and are intended to expose the incumbent to cybersecurity, including, practical application of the principles, concepts, work processes, methods, techniques, regulations, reference materials, and procedures fundamental of Information Security (INFOSEC) and cybersecurity. Major duties in this Student Trainee position include, but are not limited to:
- Performing tasks to apply classroom experience and gain on-the-job experience in the application of principles, procedures, and work techniques in actual operating situations.
- Learning to assist with generation of basic program source codes utilizing various computer languages.
- Learning to assist with hardware and software updates to systems.
- Learning to assist with network monitoring and incident response.
- Learning to analyze and evaluate security log data.
- Researching new solutions for emerging cyber security threats.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/585031000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.