This position is located within the Office of Specialty Care Services, National Oncology Program under the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Central Office, Station 101 and in Washington, DC. The selectee will be virtually assigned.Learn more about this agency
The position is in the National Oncology Program (NOP), Specialty Care Services (SCS), Veterans Health Administration, and Department of Veterans Affairs. Under the direct supervision of the Director for Precision Oncology (DPO), the Oncology Data Program Manager (incumbent) is responsible for managing the Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) cancer registry system, including the VA Central Cancer Registry (VACCR). The Oncology Program supports VA's efforts in prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship of Veterans with cancer. Your duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide overall direction and support of daily operations of the VACCR Systems
- Assist the DPO and the National Program Director (NPD) with the operational and long-term planning of the VACCRS.
- Function as the program manager which includes the administration, review and maintenance of the budget, procurement, information security and privacy and coordination of the wide range of high graded subordinate staff;
- Participate in network and national related efforts related to projects/initiatives and assigned goals of NOP and the Precision Oncology Initiative (POI);
- Lead and organize National, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN), and Health Care System quality, performance, and improvement efforts as it pertains to the VACCRS;
- Coordinate with the operational and research components of the VHA enterprise for the establishment of an enhanced VACCR and Integrates with the POI and National Tele-oncology expansion.
Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:00 pm (flexibility of work schedule may be negotiable after selection)
Compressed/Flexible: Negotiable after selection
Virtual: This is a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584942900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.