The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs.Learn more about this agency
Supervisory Probationary Period: Applicants selected for this position may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period. Failure to successfully complete the supervisory probationary period will result in the employee being reassigned to a position in the agency of no lower grade and pay than the one the employee left to accept the supervisory or managerial position.
Then Financial Technology Service (FTS) Division Chief Director at the Financial Services Center (FSC) provides the overall leadership of Mission Critical Information Technology Infrastructure that supports nationwide VA Programs including the Financial Management Business Transformation (FMBT), Healthcare Claims Processing System, payroll, Invoice Payment Processing System and other enterprise wide financial systems supporting Veteran's Healthcare, Veterans Benefits and National Cemetery. The FSC is a Franchise, fee-for-service organization and, as such, provides services to other Federal Government agencies. The nationwide mission of FSC impacts VA and other Federal Government agencies on a national level.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Program Manager/PD17764A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: Work is sedentary and is performed for the most part while seated comfortably at a desk or table. Some physical exertions include standing, walking and lifting.
- As FTS Division Chief Director, incumbent executes authority and responsible for one or more FTS Divisions.
- Manages a portfolio of IT Investments that align with the overall needs of mission and enterprise priorities.
- Leads, coordinates, communicates, integrates, and is accountable for the overall success of the program, ensuring alignment with agency or enterprise priorities.
- Develops and maintains cybersecurity plans, strategy, and policy to support and align with organizational cybersecurity initiatives and regulatory compliance.
- Key leader in the mission critical security operations, project management, and business office functions in the FSC.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584924100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.