The ideal candidate for this position will possess experience performing contract pre-awards to secure contracts for eh acquisition of goods and services. This position starts at a salary of $78,081 (GS-11). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region IX team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Contract Specialist. Typical assignments include:
- Reviewing acquisition packages for completeness from customers. Providing guidance to customers in completing acquisition packages to include reviewing SOWs, IGCEs, market research, evaluation criteria, and Agency specific requirements.
- Advising customers on appropriate contracting methods and types. Awareness of business practices and market conditions applicable to the requirement to ensure appropriate and sufficient information is provided.
- Performing pre-solicitation, solicitation, and pre-award duties associated with purchases between $10,000.00 and $250,000.00. This includes drafting all memoranda, solicitations, advertising, and support documentation during all phases.
- Tracking and reporting procurement actions.
- Initiating post-award administration of contracts/orders including any modifications, options, contractor inquiries, or terminations procedures.
- Executing closeout procedures on contracts.
25% or less - Travel up to 25% may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/584913800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.